Codecasa Shipyards, established in Viareggio back in 1825 by the shipwright Giovanni Battista Codecasa, are an absolutely prominent reality in the luxury yachting industry and are known all over the world as builders of steel and light alloy motoryachts, ranging from 30 to 70 meters LOA.
Still run by the founder’s heirs, nowadays the Codecasa Shipyards Group is able to offer a wide range of Yachts, featured by top quality, technologic innovation, reliability, design and comfort.
In the last ten years the Codecasa Shipyards Group increased its offer and a new range of speed yachts, totally built in alluminium alloy with yachts ranging from 35 to 50 meters LOA, was added to the traditional displacement Yachts in steel and aluminium alloy.
Codecasa Shipyards, thanks to their highly qualified in-house technical staff and the co-operation of well-known and expert naval designers specialized in the field, are able to offer totally custom Yachts, tailor-made for the Clients who ordered them.
Every Codecasa Yacht is unique. Modern, classic or minimalist, the interior furniture of every Yacht is carefully designed and built to meet with the Buyer’s personal demands and requests, always assuring those high quality and technical standards, Codecasa Shipyards are worldwide known for.
From their establishment onwards, still run by the Codecasa family, the Codecasa Shipyards have seen a constant evolution and expansion. Born as a small workshop building sailboats, they became a worldwide renown Shipyard, specialized in the construction of luxury motoryachts. Codecasa Shipyards Group is today made up of the following Companies:
- Ugo Codecasa S.p.A. Shipyards
- CodecasaDue s.p.a. Shipyards
- Codecasa Tre S.p.A. Shipyards
- 1825 Giovanni Battista Codecasa (born in 1803) begins working as shipwright in Viareggio
- 1902 Giovan Battista Codecasa, called Tistino (born in 1875) continues his family tradition and together with his father Antonio establishes his own Shipyard for the building of sailing boats. In a State property of 1.258 square meters, located eastward of Darsena Lucca in Viareggio, granted to the Codecasa family, the Shipyard “Antonio Codecasa e Figli” is built.
- 1946 with more than 50 sailing ships at his credit, in addition to fishing boats, gunboats, barges and any other kind of boats, Giovan Battista Codecasa retires from the business and leaves the family company, located in the Darsena Toscana, to his two sons, Ugo and Sandro.
- 1973 Fulvio Codecasa succeeds to his father Ugo in the Shipyard management, still producing working boats and starting building luxury motoryarchts.
- 1977 Building of the new Cantieri Navali Ugo Codecasa S.p.A. in the Nuova Darsena of Viareggio
- 1982 Conversion of the old Codecasa Shipyards in the Darsena Toscana into the Codecasa Due joint stock company.
- 1987 Building of the new Codecasa Tre S.p.A. Shipyards in the Nuova Darsena of Viareggio.
- 2011 Partial move of the production into the new site in the Darsena dei Navicelli in Pisa.